Parade Day Traffic Arrangements in Rovaniemi on Tuesday 4 June 2019
The National Parade on the Flag Day of the Finnish Defence Forces in Rovaniemi on 4 June will cause traffic restrictions on and near the parade locations.
Jätkänkynttilä Bridge will be closed to general traffic and temporary closures will also affect other streets. In addition, restrictions will apply to several parking areas in the city centre for the duration of the parade.
All street and parking area restrictions have been marked on the parade maps. Military police will be directing traffic in parade locations.
Spectators are advised to reach the parade day events by public transport, cycling or on foot. When necessary, vehicles can be parked in the parking garages in the city centre.
Please note the temporary restricted area EFR437 in the airspace above Rovaniemi on 4 June. More information online at ais.fi (ANS Finland).
For further information, please contact Lapland Air Command Administrative Officer, Captain Petri Keihäskoski, tel. 0299 210212 and Master Sergeant Marko Ruohomäki, Command Chief Master Sergeant, tel. 0299 210215.
Traffic Restrictions in Rovaniemi City Centre
1. Restrictions on Vapaudentie between Valtakatu and Lehtikatu, 8:45 - 9:30 am on 4 June
2. Jätkänkynttilä Bridge closed to all traffic, 8:15 am - 3:30 pm on 4 June
3. Pohjanpuistikko closed between Harrikatu and Kajaanintie,10 am - 3:30 pm on 4 June
4. Valtakatu closed between Kajaanintie and Pirkkakatu, 10 am - 5 pm on 4 June. Residence access allowed.
5. Poromiehentie and Urheilukatu closed next to Keskuskenttä, 10 am - 1:30 pm on 4 June
6. Pirkkakatu partially closed from 4 pm on 3 June to 6 pm on 4 June. Residence access allowed.
7. Bus station - Lapinkävijäntie - Hallituskatu - Poromiehentie closed, 11:15 - 11:50 am on 4 June
8. Urheilukatu closed, 10 am - 1:30 pm on 4 June. Residence access allowed.
9. Kansankatu closed between Ruokasenkatu and Urheilukatu, 10:45 - 11:50 am on 4 June
10. Poromiehentie - Toripuistikko closed, 12:45 - 1:30 pm on 4 June
11. Restrictions on Jäämerentie - Mäkimiestentie, 11:00 am - 1 pm on 4 June. Residence access allowed. Jäämerentie - Mäkimiestentie closed, 1-2:15 pm on 4 June
12. KT79 - Poromiehentie - Toripuistikko - Kajaanintie - Ounasrinteentie - Hiihtomajantie - Lappi-Areena closed, 1:25 - 2 pm on 4 June
Other Traffic Restrictions:
The parade troops will arrive to Keskuskenttä for the review between 10:45 and 11:50 am. Transportation arrangements will cause traffic restrictions. Rovaniemi police as well as Military police will be on location to direct traffic. Route Someroharju-Norvatie-E4-Postikatu-Bus station
The Pass-in review motorised units will use the route Norvatie-E75-Lainaansilta Bridge to access Lainaansilta holding point on 4 June 2019. Thus, traffic restrictions will apply from 12:30 to 1:45 pm on 4 June on the E4 southbound lane between Saarenkylä shopping centre and Lainaansilta. Traffic direction will be provided.
Due to the closure of Jätkänkynttilä Bridge, heavy vehicle traffic will be rerouted through Saarenkylä and Valajaskoski.
Parking Area Restrictions in Rovaniemi City Centre
The following parking areas will be closed for the duration of the parade arrangements from Monday 3 June to Tuesday 4 June, with the exclusion of the parking areas closed only during the times given below.
1. Poromiehentie parking area (west of Keskuskenttä)
2. Urheilukatu parking area (all parking on the Keskuskenttä side)
3. Lyseonpuisto Upper Seconday School parking area
4. Korundi VIP parking, 8 am – 3 pm on 4 June
5. Pohjanpuistikko and Koskenranta parking areas
6. Wreath laying ceremony parking places, 8:45 – 9:15 am on 4 June
7. Kajaanintie light traffic route
8. Koskipuisto bus parking
9. Bus station parking area
10. Arktikum parking area