NATO Partnership Logistics Course (Tactical level)
1. Concept and Purpose of NATO PLOC
The aim of the course is to prepare nationally trained officers heading for a NATO-led Peace Support Operation for logistics procedures at tactical level in order to enable them to be assigned within a multinational battalion/brigade HQ or a logistics unit.
2. Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the course the students should be able to:
- Comprehend the current NATO logistics structure and procedures in NATO-led PSOs.
- Comprehend the command and control structure and procedures in a NATO-led PSO.
- Comprehend the bilateral or multinational agreements guiding or demanding costsharing and the use of logistics units and assets.
- Describe staffing and basic duties of the G4 section of a Multinational Brigade/Task Force (MNBDE/MNTF) as well as the tasks of the Multinational Logistics Detachment.
- Define the deployment planning of a battalion-sized stand-by-force including the establishment of logistics procedures.
3. Student Criteria
To be eligible to attend the course, nominees must fulfil the following criteria:
- Nationally trained staff officers or civilian equivalents in ranks of OF-1 (LT) to OF-3 (MAJ).
- Students have to fulfil at least the following language proficiency standards in English, as described in STANAG 6001: Listening (2), Speaking (2), Reading (2), and Writing (2). Language testing is a national responsibility. No additional training or translation will be provided.
- Have basic computer skills.
- No previous experience of PSOs is required. The course is ideal for students with no experience of PSOs.
4. Course Dates
NATO Partnership LOC (FIN1134.24) 18 – 29 November 2019
5. Course Fee
6. How to apply
The application form can be found on the internet at: https://www.lyyti.in/NATOPLOC-2019
The application link is open until 27 September 2019.