FDF Summer Tour in Tampere
Wednesday 1.6.2022 at 14.00 – 21.00
With its launch in Tampere, the Finnish Defence Forces’ Summer Tour will offer familiarisation with the Finnish Defence Forces’ activity and equipment in Hämeenpuisto park. The night on Laikunlava stage will abound in military bands’ rhythms ranging from soul to top hits.
At 14:00-18:00, the equipment display at Hämeenpuisto park.
- In Hämeenpuisto park you can familiarise with modern FDF equipment, including, among others, the main battle tank Leopard 2A6, armoured howitzer K9, mortar system Patria Nemo, and short-range surveillance radar. Also, the display will feature counter-air armoured vehicle Landsverk Anti II dating back to 1942.
- The event will offer information on the Finnish Defence Forces’ activity, services available for persons liable for the military service and recruitment, as well as opportunities available in voluntary national defence.
- The Soldier’s Home Association mobile bakery will be available on site baking their renown munkki pastries. The FDF partners Leijona Catering, Patria and Millog will also attend. The equipment display will be in the area between Hämeenkatu and Puutarhakatu.
- The Leijona [Lion] drum section will perform at the event square at 14:30 and 16:30.
- Following the flypast by a Hornet miultirole fighter, the event will continue with the concert starting at 18:00 on Laikunlava.
The concert will feature
- at 18:00 the Air Force Big Band with Heikki Silvennoinen as their soloist
- at 19:00 the Guard’s Combo and Souls of Women trio b Iina Mutikainen, Klaara Koivunen and Emilia Vihanto
- at 20:00 the Show Band of the Finnish Defence Forces’ Conscript Band
The Soldier’s Home Association will be available on site.
The concert will end at around 21:00.
The event has free admission, welcome!
Target groups: media, citizens