Military Museum exhibits Finnish military history
The Military Museum collects objects and images on Finland's wars and weapons as well as on its defence forces. The Military Museum's exhibitions span from wars fought centuries ago to modern-day crisis management.
- From Autonomy to Atalanta – Finnish Military History. Military Museum´s Manege, Suomenlinna fortress island, Helsinki.
- In the exhibition "From Autonomy to Atalanta" the visitor can almost with a single glance see Finnish military history from bronze cannons to an anti-ship missile. The exhibition is open daily 11 am–6 pm until 31 October 2017. Tickets 7/4€.
- Vesikko is a restored Finnish submarine from the 1930s and 1940s. In it the visitor can experience first hand the crowded working and living spaces of the submarines in the midst of diesel and electric engines and torpedoes.
- Vesikko is closed during the winter and will open on 8 May 2017.
- The Exhibition at Liisankatu 1, Helsinki is closed.
- Guided tours in English in the "From Autonomy to Atalanta" exhibition on Saturdays and Sundays between 14 January–26 March 2017. The tours begin at 12 o´clock.
Photograph services at the Finnish Defence Forces´ Photograph Archive from Tuesday to Thursday, tel. +358 299 530342.