NORDEFCO Integrated Crisis Management Course
1. Concept and Purpose of ICM
The aim of the course is to enhance the knowledge and understanding of integrated crisis management approaches, as well as to enhance collaboration and coordination among the different actors, namely military, civilian crisis management, humanitarian and development aid actors.
The course is conducted in cooperation with Crisis Management Centre Finland (CMC Finland) within the framework of the Centre of Expertise in Comprehensive Crisis Management and NORDEFCO.
2. Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the course the students should be able to:
- Comprehend UN integrated and NATO/EU comprehensive approaches.
- Comprehend the basic documents, guidelines and principles of the different actors.
- Apply collaboration and coordination between different actors aiming for better information sharing.
3. Student Criteria
To be eligible to attend the course, nominees must fulfil the following criteria:
- Participants should be preferably senior level experts (civilians or civil administration and military personnel) that work in areas related to crisis management in the wider context or work currently in a crisis area or can be prospective participants in the future operations or missions.
- Language proficiency: good comprehension of English.
4. Course Dates
ICM 9 – 15 June 2018
More information will be availbale later