NORDEFCO Integrated Crisis Management Course
1. Concept and Purpose of ICM
The aim of the course is to enhance the knowledge and understanding of integrated crisis management approaches, as well as to enhance collaboration and coordination among the different actors, namely military, civilian crisis management, humanitarian and development aid actors.
The course is conducted in cooperation with Crisis Management Centre Finland (CMC Finland) within the framework of the Centre of Expertise in Comprehensive Crisis Management and NORDEFCO.
2. Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the course the students should be able to:
- Comprehend UN integrated and NATO/EU comprehensive approaches.
- Comprehend the basic documents, guidelines and principles of the different actors.
- Apply collaboration and coordination between different actors aiming for better information sharing.
3. Student Criteria
To be eligible to attend the course, nominees must fulfil the following criteria:
- Participants should be preferably senior level experts (civilians or civil administration and military personnel) that work in areas related to crisis management in the wider context or work currently in a crisis area or can be prospective participants in the future operations or missions.
- Language proficiency: good comprehension of English.
4. Course Dates
ICM 10 – 16 June 2017
5. Course Fee
The course organisers cover the following course related expenses:
- participation fee
- course materials
- subject matter experts
- transport from and to Kuopio airport, train/bus station.
Participants are requested to cover the cost for full-board accommodation at the on-campus Course Hotel. The total cost for full-board accommodation (incl. coffee breaks and social event) amounts to € 500 per person which has to be paid before arrival. Course fee does not apply to experts in CMC Finland's roster nor to those sent by NORPOL.
6. How to apply
Please apply by filling out the application form at the following link: https://www.lyyti.in/icm2017. The deadline for applications is 9 April. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process during the first week of May.