European Union Comprehensive Crisis Management Course
1. Concept and Purpose of EUCCM
The general objective of the course is to enhance the knowledge and understanding of comprehensive crisis management approach within the EU framework, as well as to enhance collaboration and cooperation among the different actors, namely military, civilian crisis management, humanitarian and development aid actors in the wider context of CFSP/CSDP.
The course is conducted in cooperation with Crisis Management Centre Finland (CMC Finland) within the framework of the Centre of Expertise in Comprehensive Crisis Management.
2. Learning Objectives
Upon completion of the course the students should be able to:
– Acquire a comprehensive overview of the EU Comprehensive Approach, strategies, policies and actors in crisis management.
– Enhance their understanding of the Comprehensive Approach Action plan.
– Develop an accurate understanding of the institutional set-up of the EU and the relevant operating procedures.
– Become familiar with the complementary roles played by different policy instruments and different actors and learn more about the EU’s comprehensive approach to external conflict and crisis.
– Apply collaboration and coordination between different actors aiming for better information sharing.
3. Student Criteria
To be eligible to attend the course, nominees must fulfil the following criteria:
– Participants should be preferably senior level experts (civilians or civil administration and military personnel) that work in areas related to crisis management in the wider context of CFSP/CSDP or work currently in a crisis area or can be prospective participants in future EU operations.
– Language proficiency: good comprehension of English.
4. Course Dates
EUCCM 10 – 15 September 2017
5. Course Fee
No course fee.
6. How to apply
Application instructions will be available later.